Kirenna is the monarch of Veruna. Like the other monarch, she has the ability to rule an element—water. She can also swim by changing into a mermaid. Her Guided Water Ball can go around obstacles and hit targets. This ability comes in handy early in the game when monarch-support is needed for skirmishes.
Apart from Taros's tier 1 units, Veruna has the fastest PVM in-game build timer. So, in not much time, Veruna can muster an assortment that repeatedly tests the opponent's strength. Veruna also has the benefit of fast-moving affordable berserkers, to get to the battle quickly, using them as fast reinforcements and sorties. Coupling them with tier 2 units like the Centaur or Amazon Knight is a good choice.
Veruna's priestesses are able to build all of Kirenna's units and defense structures like mortars, allowing them to send artillery firing over walls and terrain barriers. With the addition of the expansion, the priestesses can also build lighthouses which can be a huge strategic advantage if used properly.
Flagships can be used to build floating towers in the water, allowing one to fire at enemies on land, while staying out of the reach of most of them. Also, these towers come in handy in combating flying units when making a beachhead or defending the naval base .
If defended properly, Veruna's trebuchet ships can be quite devastating to an enemy, able to move around the coast and fire at all targets within range.
Veruna's only air unit (other than scout parrots and its Sea Dragon), is the dirigible. Although easily taken down by most range weapons and fighting air units, it is useful for destroying lodestones that are not properly protected. Another advantage of these units is the large sight range that they provide. Originally these air ships were larger, but in player versus player games, a large number of them could be made which would fill up the screen, making it impossible to see anything else, so the size was reduced.
Veruna's advanced builder, the priest of Lihr, is able to swim, build the ballista, the divine loadstones, the healing springs and the Sea Dragon.
Changes made after game shippedEdit
- Skiffs were changed to be able to heal, since they were previously seen as totally useless.
- Priest of Lihr were given the ability to create a new unit, the ballista.
- The lighthouse was added, allowing Veruna to have a farther range of site, and the ability to stun enemies that came within range.
- Centaurs were added, they are a tough and a little expensive ranged unit which can be devastating in great numbers. They are somewhat more resistant to bastions and strongholds than other units.
- Dirigibles were made smaller so they didn't fill up the entire screen.